You are here
Administrative Assistant / Volunteer Coordinator
We have an opening for a half-time administrative assistant to help manage our day to day operations. Responsibilities include basic bookkeeping, event support, database management and general office support. The volunteer would also
Schedule: This a 20 hour per week position, Monday through Friday during daytime hours. There is some flexibility.
Job Description: Administrative Assistant /Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
To support day-to-day operation of a small non-profit healthcare organization.
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support as needed to the Executive Director and clinic, including but not limited to:
- Perform basic bookkeeping
- Keep track of office supplies and keep storage room stocked and organized
- Maintain organizational files and documents
- Help with scheduling of volunteers, orientation and setting up interviews
- Serve as first point of contact for the organization
- Manage repair and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, phones and printers
- Perform general administrative support
- Special Events
- Assist with coordination of event logistics
- Assist with print and electronic newsletters
- Coordinate website updates
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Coordinate bulk mailings
- Maintain organizational archives
- Answer phones, check messages and schedule patients
- file patient charts
- Coordinate volunteer schedule
- Take on additional tasks as needed by the Executive Director
- Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
- Interest in and commitment to CCCHC mission is helpful.