You are here
We have an opening for a half-time administrative assistant to help manage our events
3 days a week 2-4 hours as needed
Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: President and CEO
To support seasonal community productions and events through recruitment, marketing, administrative work and other areas as assigned
This position is responsible for providing administrative support as needed to the President and CEO, including but not limited to:
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks
- Organize files
- Create reports / excel spreadsheets for donor list, cast and students
- Maintain organizational files and documents
- Help with scheduling of volunteers, orientation and setting up interviews
- Contact cast, send out reminders, setup meetings
- Manage donor database
- Assist directors and teachers during rehearsals, classes and community events
- Special Events
- Assist with coordination of event logistics
- Assist with print and electronic newsletters
- Create newsletters,flyers, brochures
- Update website and create constant contacts
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Coordinate bulk mailings
- Maintain organizational archives
- Answer phones, check messages and schedule meetings with pastors and other community leaders
- Coordinate rehearsal schedule
- Take on additional tasks as needed by the Executive Director
- Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Interest in and commitment to CHMBT mission is helpful.