You are here
Larkin's Place Volunteers
Larkin’s Place Volunteers Description
The Larkin’s Place Staff will provide support to the programs connected with Larkin’s Place. Provide support for the programs based on the mission of the Y.
Applicants must possess the ability to follow directions, complete simple tasks, work with people, carry out cleaning responsibilities, and able to locate materials at the Y. Must be 18 years of age and able to meet the physical demands of the position. Incumbent must have passion of working with people.
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is regularly required to demonstrate fitness related movements and exercises.
- frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- occasionally required to climb or balance.
- must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- frequently physically guiding, assisting, supporting movement or participation.
- frequently able to make sound judgments in redirecting behavior, contact, or other actions into focused task aiding positive interactions and outcomes for participant and program.
- Builds relationships with YMCA members and participants.
- Provide activities which support and teach the YMCA’s goals to develop character.
- Responsible for the safety of all participants in their program.
- Able to make sound judgments in an emergency situation.
- Able to make sound judgments and decisions involving YMCA rules and evaluating the skills of participants.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed on time and done accurately.
- Responsible for being prepared to teach lesson and/or aid participation and vary the instruction as needed.
- Must attend all trainings.
- Responsible for evaluating students on a daily basis and giving feedback to students and their parents throughout each session.
10.Responsible for keeping area of the program/activity clean of clutter and neat in appearance at all times.
11. Must have adequate vision and hearing to be able to effectively teach & hear and see distress signs.
12. Possess the desire and ability to develop good character in others.
13. Responsible for all other duties as necessary.
Effect on End Result:
When all responsibilities are fulfilled, the YMCA will benefit from the following:
- Delivery of a high quality special needs program.
- Development of good, strong positive relationships with program members.
- A safe, clean environment to accept, play, & grow.