You are here
Plan Events and Activities for high-school aged Exchange Students
AFS-USA volunteers support high school-aged foreign exchange students during their program year in central Illinois. We are always looking for more interested volunteers to help plan and run the activities and orientations we organize for them during their time here.
In this role, you could organize events for students going abroad or plan orientations for international students arriving in your area. You’ll also be able to get involved with and coordinate social, cultural, educational, and sporting events for exchange students, their host families, and the community as a whole.
Whether you help organize one event or many, you’ll contribute to making sure that AFSers get the most out of their experience. If you enjoy working with other dedicated volunteers on activities the whole community will enjoy, then this role could be right for you!
- Set goals and objectives for your AFS community
- Establish a budget
- Arrange speaking events at local schools and community organizations
- Recruit a volunteer team to plan events
- Coordinate group communications
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Promote events through publicity and outreach efforts
- Evaluate the success of events
You’re a good fit if you’re interested in…
- A leadership position in the volunteer community
- Organization, planning, and logistics
- Setting priorities
- Delegating and motivating others