Organizations on CUVolunteer represent community groups that have opportunities to share with local volunteers. (If you're connected to an honor society, student organization, or other group of volunteers, see volunteering as a group instead.) Creating your organization on CUVolunteer is the first step towards promoting your volunteer opportunities. To create an organization you first need to register an account on CUVolunteer, if you haven't already, and make sure you're logged in with the account you want to use to manage the organization.
Every organization has one or more maintainers; these are the accounts that have access to edit an organization on CUVolunteer and post opportunities. Some organizations choose to have one maintainer account on the site, and share its login information with anyone who needs access; others choose to have their maintainers use their personal accounts on the site, and grant access to edit their organization as needed. An organization can have as many maintainers associated with its account as it wishes.
After you have a maintainer account and are logged in, the next step is to create an organization. A link to create a new organization can be found on the Organizations list. Every organization is required to have the following information:
- Name: The title of your organization as it will appear in CUVolunteer.
- Type: Pick the option that best describes your organization. This field is required to ensure that your organization's opportunities will benefit local non-profits and/or the local community, as described in our terms and conditions.
- Description: A description of your organization. A trimmed version will appear in site searches, and the full version will be available on your organization's profile page.
- Email: This is a public email address for your organization. Unlike your account email address, this will appear on your organization's public profile page for all users, even those who are not logged in.
- Phone Number: Similarly to your organization's email, this number will appear on your organization's public profile page for any site user, even those who are not logged in.
Additionally, you can provide some optional information for your organization:
- Fax Number
- Social Media Links: You can use this field to link to your organization's social media accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter. These links will appear in the sidebar of your organization's public profile page.
- Location: The public address of your organization. Like all other fields, this will appear on your organization's public profile page.
After filling out the organization form, click the submit button to submit your organization for approval. For more information about the approval process, see Organization Approval. Please note that your organization won't appear to volunteers and you won't be able to post opportunities until it has been approved.